Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Fettuccine

When I came upon this recipe from Closet Cooking , I knew exactly what I would do with all my left overs from the stuff pumpkin I made a couple nights ago.

 
The sauce was delicious and the perfect amount of creamy but next time I will add a little more pumpkin puree to really get that strong pumpkin flavor I was looking for.

Ingredients
  • 6 ounces pasta
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 cup cream or milk (I used cream)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 4 ounces goat cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano - grated
  • 1 tablespoon sage, sliced thinly
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 handful sage leaves

  •  Directions
    1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
    2. Melt the butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
    3. Add the cream, pumpkin puree, goat cheese, parmesan, sage and pumpkin pie spice and simmer until the cheese has melted.
    4. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
    5. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, let it turn a light brown, add the sage and fry until crispy.
    6. Serve hot over the pasta garnished with more parmesan and crispy fried sage

     

    No comments: