Saturday, October 12, 2013

Island Bay Reserve

 
Never in my wildest dreams did I think a simple walk on the beach would be a lesson in how horrible sandstorms can be.  When the wind started to blow (around 50mph) and you were just in the right spot, the sand would get picked up and pelt you - HARD.  Like so hard I felt like the most I could do was crouch down and cover my face.  Also, it wasn't in short bursts. This felt like a full on 10 secs of being pelted with sand and it stung.  Even though I'm saying this, I have to admit it was pretty exciting.  The concept: wind + sand could equal pain had never crossed my mind. Instead of screaming in terror, I laughed out loud. And while I was having a great time and the sights were beautiful, I was glad to turn back and head to lunch earlier than planed.

Since we just picked our lunch spot, The Bach, at random, I wasn't expecting much from it.  When the dishes were delivered I was overjoyed and amazed by how beautiful and delicious everything looked.  They've got a great patio that over looks the ocean too.









Best dog we played with for a little bit on the way back






No comments: