Friday, October 4, 2013

Blast from a Delicious Past

While out and about today, I had a memory jolt from high school that
 can be summed in two words:
 
APPLE DIP
 
I was introduced to this marvelous dip by a friend in high school. 
I can't even begin to describe it but I'll try. 
Its creamy and slightly tangy, sweet but not too sweet with a hint of caramel and vanilla.
 
 
I quickly found some free wifi and hunted through emails looking for the recipe. I was distracted for a min or two by a Filipino children's music group (who were super cute) but once I gained focus, I rushed off to the nearest market to get supplies.
 
 
I don't know if its because I'm in a foreign land and away from home but the urge to make this dip was intense.  I mean I've had the recipe for a couple years now and while my taste buds always look back on it fondly, I haven't made it until today. 
 
Once I got home, I could hardly contain myself. I mixed the ingredients, cut up the apples, and took my first dip - yes, it was the best of high school melting in my mouth - the memories of great friends and good times. None of the stress, trying to fit in, competition, or lameness  - just apple dip heaven.

1 comment:

Andrew & Danica said...

I occasionally read your blog, but I was thinking to myself, how in the world I am tagged in it? Now it's making sense :0) Oh apple dip, it's been a while since I've made you.