Wednesday, December 4, 2013

We Moved!

One night we realized our apartment was too big and needed to down size.  While it was initially my idea to move from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom, as soon as the process started I became a basket case.  Unconsciously, I had worked so hard make our apartment a little safe haven from living in New Zealand.  Leaving it was like giving up some sort of comfort zone I didn't realize existed.  Once these emotions started swirling, some where inside I knew it was probably a better idea to move and practice some flexibility and openness to change. 

We found an apartment in just a few days and even more amazingly found someone to take over our lease. Even though its smaller than I think we were looking for, it some how feels better inside and is a lot more convenient.  For example - its across the street from a summer pool and a block from the market and bus/train station.  Added bonus - apartment buildings have this natural insulation so the apartment has a nice buffer from the cold.

View from the window


I love how one wall in the bedroom and living area is all windows

Add caption

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Elanita! I admire you for having the guts to just pick up and move halfway across the planet. Super awesome.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So cute very NY glad its insulated.