Monday, June 17, 2013

McDonald's: The Starbucks of New Zealand

Hands down this is the nicest McDonalds I have ever been to.  It seems that McDonald's on a whole are pretty fancy places in New Zealand.  I imagine that its similar to Pizza Huts in China. Our closest McDonalds even comes with a  separate McCafe section complete with a decent espresso machine.  Rounding out this McDonalds, free wifi and comfy booths.  Looking around, I realized that maybe McDonald's is similar to Starbucks back in the US.  Scattered about were families eating dinner, people on laptops, students studying, and business men have a quick meeting.
On this trip I didn't have my first official meal but instead, Lucas and I enjoyed (for the most part) a honeycomb McFlurry.  The ice-cream was more of a custard instead of a soft serve, making it overly rich for more that a couple bites.

Very impressed by the McMacaron

No comments: