Monday, April 22, 2013

Best Cheeseburger (that I've made) EVER!


I had the hankering for a cheeseburger but I want to add something extra...something different. I had a sandwich once with sautéed baby (or Chinese) broccoli and loved the added texture and flavor it brought to the sandwich. I thought, why not slap in on a cheeseburger

Directions:
Mince 2 cloves of garlic. Trim the baby broccoli into small florets, toss in a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil and add garlic.  Mix in 1 1/2 Tbsp of teriyaki sauce until the broccoli is well coated.  Sautee on medium heat in a skillet for 7-9mins or until broccoli is has softened


Final Toppings:
Sautéed broccoli
Sautéed portobello mushrooms
Lettuce
Tomato
Avocado
Sharp New York cheddar and Jack cheese
Grilled Maui onion
Grilled sourdough slices


No comments: